Actuarial Partners Consulting to conduct an Asia Short-Term Insurance Reserving Workshop in Bangkok on 10-11 August 2016. The workshop is co-organised with the Society of Actuaries, US as part of the profession’s continued professional development and provides 14.4 CPD hours.
Actuarial Partners is contactable at +603-2161 0433 or email@example.com
Original link Here
This workshop is designed with the objective to give participants a thorough understanding on reserving of short-term life and general insurance liabilities. Drawing from the extensive experience of our seasoned facilitators, we will deliver a highly effective workshop for beginner and intermediate level professionals working in the insurance industry. This seminar is a joint collaboration between the Actuarial Partners and the Society of Actuaries (SOA), and co-sponsored by Team Excellence.
This is a hands-on interactive workshop. Participants are expected to bring their own laptop to perform the tasks assigned. They are also encouraged to contribute to group discussions, guided by our facilitators in a thought provoking manner.
During our workshop, participants will:
- Build claims triangles from raw claims listing data;
- Apply judgement in selecting link ratio factors and ultimate loss ratios, considering underwriting, pricing and claims management practices; and
- Calculate capital requirements for claims and premiums liabilities.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will:
- Understand short-term insurance reserving in a practical context;
- Gain hands-on experience on commonly used methods in reserving; and
- Apply technical and business knowledge into reserving.
Who Should Attend
- Life and general insurance actuarial professionals with a beginning or intermediate level of knowledge in reserving.
- Audit, risk, finance professionals working closely with actuarial department on reserving matters